Providing Leadership in International Education
Founded in 1986, the Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs (ICISP) has experienced years of success and is currently composed of 34 institutions and one consortium.
Membership in this consortium is open to all Illinois public and private two-year colleges, and by invitation to four year colleges and universities in Illinois, as well as two and four year institutions and consortia in contiguous states.
Membership in ICISP enables its member colleges to offer students and faculty international opportunities. Some of ICISP’s accomplishments over the past years include:
- Participation of almost 2000 Illinois students in study abroad programs in 8 countries (Austria, China, Costa Rica, England, France, India, Ireland and Spain)
- Participation of nearly 650 Illinois faculty and administrators in professional 2-week exchanges abroad in 4 countries (China, Finland, Netherlands, & Switzerland)
- Participation of approximately 140 Illinois faculty and staff in visiting faculty, academic escort or assistant director positions for summer and semester study abroad programs
- Recipient of a $70,000 Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) Grant
- Prestigious national grants awarded to approximately one-third of our members
ICISP is unique in its organic structure. It has the ability to reinvent itself as an organization in order to stay current with ever-changing demands. Leadership is provided within the organization by the executive board and the governing board representatives.